Ishant suffering from heel niggle, Delhi Capitals’ Head Coach Ponting reveals. IMAGE: Rishabh Pant stole the limelight on Thursday when he had his arm around Avesh Khan’s shoulder after the bowler was clobbered for two sixes. Avesh got a wicket off the very next ball. Photograph: IPL/Twitter Delhi Capitals head coach Ricky Ponting revealed on Thursday that pacer Ishant Sharma is suffering from a heel niggle. The 32-year-old, who was retained by Delhi ahead of the IPL auction, missed the games against Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals, which paved the way for 24-year-old pacer Avesh Khan’s selection in the team. “He (Avesh Khan) has been ultra-impressive, pretty much from the first day we arrived here for the training camp. Physically he looks a little bit better, he lost a little bit of weight from last season. He is definitely fitter and bowling faster. Without a little bit of extra fitness on his side, he is able to maintain his action better. His lines and lengths and slower ball execution is excellent so far,” Ponting said while replying to an ANI query in the virtual post-match press conference. “Coming into the first game, Ishant Sharma obviously had a heel niggle… Read full this story
- England suffer alarming collapse thanks to Hardik Pandya five-for as hosts lose all 10 wickets in a session
- England vs India, third Test, day two: Five-wicket spell from Hardik Pandya sparks England collapse as India take control
- 12 best snowboards 2017/2018
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on September 2, 2018
- Premier League 2018-19 definitive club-by-club guide: Likely line-ups, best signings
- Peter Crouch's Premier League team-by-team guide 2018-19
- 18 regtech firms surveyed by Delano
- Potter's greatest Swans trick revealed and how he's done it
- The 'Munich of Michigan' and other quirky slices of Germany you can find in America
- 'The Supreme Court is tainted with the virus of Trumpism – we'll see injustices for years to come'
Avesh impressively filling in for Ishant at DC have 311 words, post on www.rediff.com at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.