It's the Grand National Jim, but not as we know it. Due to the seemingly never-ending Covid restrictions, this year the great race will take place 'Behind Closed Doors' with no paying spectators in attendance. The lack of crowd atmosphere- which adds so much to the occasion- is not the only disappointing thing about this year's renewal; there's also the absence of dual winner Tiger Roll. The horse who might well have become the first since the legendary Red Rum to win the National three times, was instead re-routed to Thursday's Betway Bowl by connections, a decision which the Racing Post described as 'dismal'. But even though there's no crowd and no 'Tiger' to roar home, the race should still be a great spectacle, and our enjoyment of it will only be enhanced if we can find the winner, or at least have a few each-way returns. With 40 horses to choose from the National can appear a daunting puzzle to solve, but if we bear in mind certain key factors, we can narrow the field down. Here's my horse-by-horse guide, in race-card order, to help you in your Big Race deliberations. Horse star ratings: ***** Strong chance, a likely… Read full this story
- My Golden Rules Of Betting For National Hunt Horse Racing
- Stars and gripes: Does the Michelin Guide still matter?
- Debate viewer’s guide: 12 Democratic hopefuls on one stage
- How to see five UK national parks by public transport
- Your financial Brexit survival guide
- Ansel Adams' take on Yosemite National Park
- ESPN's WAFU Cup of Nations Awards
- Have a Go at Heli-skiing! A Novice’s Guide
- Guide to be a successful soccerpunter
- Lucky UK punter wins massive £169m EuroMillions jackpot
The Sputnik Intelligent Punter's Guide to the 2021 Grand National have 291 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.