Tucked in the corner, off the lobby of Shangri-La Hotel Singapore, Origin Bar oozes old world charm with its interior palette of mahogany wood and peacock teal blue. Their latest menu is their third in four years, with an anticipated addition to their pre-existing list of neighbourhoods, which lend inspiration to Bar Manager Adam Bursik and gang to create the tipples. This time, they bring to the table 18 new cocktails, with several non-alcoholic options. Start off your journey around Singapore with a concoction inspired by a befitting neighbourhood: Boat Quay. Nashi and Matcha ($23) goes above and beyond the basic highball, with nuances of tea, nashi pear, and caramel cordial on a base of G&T with floral Roku Gin and tonic. You'll also find yourself noticing the attention to detail and sophistication; in this case, elegant glassware aside, Nashi and Matcha comes with a contraption that allows you to mix the matcha by lifting the ice cube instead of stirring. Neat. Why Crystal Mojito ($23), and not Crystal Mojito, you ask? My guess is because they'll probably upend your concept of the classic mojito. While mint and lime are normally muddled in the classic recipe, Origin's mixologists use cold distillation… Read full this story
- DJI Inspire 2 review
- For $2,000, Could This Rally-Inspired 1984 Subaru GL10 Light Up Your Life?
- Mafia 3 Collector's Edition detailed, Mafia 2 re-releasing on Steam with huge discount
- Tracing the origins of the Macintosh
- Microsoft's Surface Studio launch: as it happened
- Resident Evil HD Launch Sale, Fresh Humble Bundle, and More Deals
- BlackBerry KeyOne Black Edition boasts more RAM and storage
- PDF edit app Flexcil eyes global education market
- Pebble Steel declassified: Raising the smartwatch design bar without breaking the mold
- A 'cutting-edge' Confederate death trap inspired today's sub
Origin Bar launches third edition of neighbourhood-inspired tipples have 287 words, post on www.asiaone.com at May 31, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.