Though movie theaters are starting to allow patrons these days, the safer option remains streaming. Those who choose to stay home and stream are constantly rewarded with so much new content it's mind-boggling. At the start of each month , most streamers— Netflix , Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, and HBO Max —do a little shuffle, adding new movies and taking some away. io9 is here to help you narrow down your decision-making. Advertisement Welcome to the Nerd's Watch, our monthly column where we curate the most interesting sci-fi, fantasy , and horror movies (and shows) coming to the biggest streaming services. There is lots of new content to be had for June 2021, so let's get to it. What's coming to Netflix? Available June 1 Streets of Fire – Somehow, I've never seen this 1984 rock musical directed by the legendary Walter Hill, but from what I've read it seems like a mix of Hill's The Warriors mixed with West Side Story, plus Rick Moranis and Bill Paxton are in it. I'm excited to catch up. G/O Media may get a commission 12 Months of Samsung Care+ & $100 Trade-In Credit Reserve at the Unpacked Event Swordfish – This 2001 hacker… Read full this story
- Must-watch Netflix sci-fi thriller: 'Bird Box' or 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch'?
- Minnesota, meet your new governor: teacher, coach, soldier, sci-fi fan — and eternal optimist
- The 50 Best Performances of 2018 (from Netflix to Broadway) To Binge Over Christmas Break
- The 20 Best Movies of 2018
- How To Watch ‘Nightflyers’: New Syfy Series Releases Dec. 2, Episodes Available Now
- SF Film Critics name ‘Roma’ the year’s best film
- Joss Whedon’s ‘Buffy,’ ‘Angel’ and ‘Firefly’ now streaming for free on Facebook Watch
- Sundance: What to Watch For
- 61 Best Books From 2018 That Will Make the Perfect Christmas Gift
- The Best TV Shows of 2018
The Nerd's Watch: Best Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror Streaming in June have 300 words, post on gizmodo.com at May 27, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.