Kindly Share This Story: By Anayo Okoli, Chimaobi Nwaiwu, Ugochukwu Alaribe, Chinedu Adonu, Chinonso Alozie, Ikechukwu Odu & Steve Oko The South-East governors and leaders at their last joint meeting in Enugu directed the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo to immediately set up two committees, one of which is South-East Peace and Reconciliation Committee, to engage Ndigbo for peace and security of the people and their visitors. This follows the growing state of insecurity in the zone which has made the people to live in fear and suspicion. It got to a crescendo when the country home of Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma was attacked. This particular attack no doubt, made the governor afraid and the governors have all increased the security around their homes and offices. The happenings seem to have been a wakeup call to Igbo leaders that the way forward is dialogue and reconciliation, not talking tough and being at loggerheads with the people, particularly the youths. The actions of the chairman of the South-East Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi whose state has had more than enough share of the attacks and destructions, seem to have set the door to dialogue and reconciliation open…. Read full this story
- Peace and reconciliation are the core of Syria's political settlement
- Constitutional committee the next step for peace settlement in Syria
- Brexit: Bad for UK, worse for N. Ireland
- World urges smooth transition in Sudan
- Duke of Kent gives Royal approval at service to dedicate new church organ
- India-Pakistan: Tension Increasing Between Nuclear-Armed Neighbours
- Opinion: I am starving myself until Kurdish leader Abdullah Öcalan is taken out of solitary confinement
- Janet Muller: What does Pobal's closure say about the state of Irish language provision?
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Barclays: Eastern promise — Lib Dem launch — Lord Bates interview
- US pledges to continue training YPG terrorists to fight Daesh internationally
What Ohanaeze Ndigbo Peace and Reconciliation Committee should do —Igbos have 304 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.