CARPINTERIA (CBSLA) – A teenager recently captured video of very close encounter he had with a great white shark off the Santa Barbara County coastline near Carpinteria. June 2021. (Credit: Jackson Krischer) Sixteen-year-old Jackson Krischer says he was paddleboarding in an area known as Santa Claus Beach searching for sharks when a great white swam under his board. He captured the event on video. READ MORE: Tory Carlon, Firefighter Killed In Agua Dulce Fire Station Shooting, Remembered In Memorial Service At The Forum The encounter wasn't an accident. Krischer says he intentionally searches the area for sharks. He says he was terrified to be near them at first, but now he knows they aren't trying to hurt him and they usually just swim away. Krischer told CBSLA that he has been around sharks so many times that he can even recognize their tags and marks. On June 12, the Santa Barbara County Fire Department posted drone video to social media showing five juvenile great white sharks swimming near the shoreline of Santa Claus Beach. READ MORE: Newborn Boy Abandoned In Public Restroom Of Lynwood Park; Person Of Interest Sought SBCFD spokesperson Mike Eliason says that the waters off Santa Claus… Read full this story
- Video: Great White Shark Swims Inches From Kayaker's Boat off California Coast
- Two Solitary Great White Sharks Interacting With One Another Captured in Incredible Drone Footage
- Watch Deep Blue, the Giant Great White Shark That Could Be Biggest Ever Filmed, Eating Sperm Whale off Hawaii Coast
- 'Frenzied' 15 Foot Great White Shark Circles and Attacks Fisherman Before He Spears It in the Head: 'It Wanted More Than a Taste'
- Great White Shark Snatches Fish From Young Boy in Terrifying Video
- 'Everyone was in shock': Great white shark jerks boat around SF Bay for miles
- Great white shark's predatory behavior captured by underwater drone video
- Terrifying moment great white shark tries to BITE fisherman’s boat after circling carcass of dead humpback whale
- Drone Captures Great White Sharks Circling Oblivious Surfers in California
- Hundreds of great white sharks mysteriously VANISH from radars off South Africa plunging cage diving tourism into chaos
Teen Captures Close Encounter With Great White Shark In Santa Barbara County have 345 words, post on losangeles.cbslocal.com at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.