Black Widow , the newest Marvel movie starring Scarlett Johansson, is out this week in theatres globally as well as on Disney+ with Premier Access in most Disney+ markets. It was supposed to hit Indian cinemas at the same time, but COVID-19 had other plans and now a release date for India is unclear. And it won’t release for at least three more months on Disney+ Hotstar, as Black Widow is expected October 8 on the streaming service, in line with its general availability on Disney+. That’s because Premier Access — a video-on-demand tier, where Disney+ members pay $30 (about Rs. 2,200) or equivalent for every premium title, in addition to the monthly subscription — is not a thing on Disney+ Hotstar. Neither Disney+ nor Disney+ Hotstar have ever bothered to explain the lack of Premier Access on Disney+ Hotstar. Ahead of writing this, I even reached out to both to see if they would like to shed any light on the curious move. No response. Maybe Disney+ is not offering Premier Access titles on Disney+ Hotstar because it thinks people won’t pay. In India, it’s generally agreed that video-on-demand doesn’t work. It’s why the theatrical model has been short-circuited… Read full this story
- Money Heist 5, Helmet, Black Widow: What to watch on September 3
- New on Disney+ Hotstar in November: ‘Hawkeye,’ ‘The Beatles: Get Back’ and more
- Hawkeye to Release on Disney+ Hotstar in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, English
- Eternals, Dhamaka, Special Ops 1.5, and More: November Guide to Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, and Prime Video
- Streaming in November 2021: Meenakshi Sundareshwar, Dhamaka, Special Ops 1.5 and others
Black Widow Is Out Now, but Why Is It Not on Disney+ Hotstar? have 261 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at July 8, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.