Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the chief ministers of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Odisha and Maharashtra, where the number of Covid-19 cases have risen in several districts or have not come down in the recent past. PM said that the states are witnessing the same situation which they had in January and February and to protect themselves from the havoc similar to April they need to take stringent measures and focus on more testing and vaccinating. “The states reporting high new cases need to take proactive measures to stop the possibility of a third wave of COVID19. We need to move ahead with a focus on ‘Test-Track-Treat- Vaccinate’ approach”, said PM Modi. “The govt of India has announced a Rs 23,000 crore emergency response package to combat COVID19. The States must use funds from this package to strengthen health infrastructure. Infrastructural gaps need to be filled. There is also a need to focus on rural areas”, said PM Modi. PM said that the states need to adapt the approach taken by the northeastern states and focus on the micro containment zones instead of locking down an entire state or city. He said that more tracking needs to be… Read full this story
- Google Titan Security Key review: A $50 hardware 2FA bundle with outdated connectors
- Meet the #Squad: Ocasio-Cortez Crew Takes on Pelosi
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- 'Joe Cinque's Consolation': Melbourne Review
- The Latest: Georgia’s Abrams contrasts Dems in SOTU response
- BlackBerry KEY2 Review – Your Personal Fort Knox
- The Genius Neuroscientist Who Might Hold the Key to True AI
- Siri, it seems, doesn’t know everything. Just ask who the president of Cuba is.
- Trump ends talks after Democrats reject wall money; he calls meeting ‘total waste of time’
- NIH fears good-government bill would hamper peer review
PM Modi Holds Covid Review Meet With Six CMs, Asks To Utilise Emergency Response Package have 293 words, post on news.abplive.com at July 16, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.