Mary Trump, the niece of the former president Donald Trump , has said that the opposition of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to COVID restrictions should not be viewed as good politics. Trump appeared to criticize the Republican governor’s resistance to implementing coronavirus mask and vaccine mandates amid a spike in cases in the Sunshine State due to the highly contagious delta variant. She tweeted on Wednesday: “Maybe it’s time for the media to start referring to DeSantis as a homicidal sociopath instead of a savvy politician.” Trump, a psychologist who pulled no punches in criticism of her uncle and extended family in her book Too Much and Never Enough also repeatedly condemned the Republican Party’s COVID response when it was in power. In a follow-up tweet, she shared an image of someone in an ICU. “It’s horrifying to know that tens of millions of Americans think this is a reasonable price to pay as long as they don’t have to suffer the inconvenience of wearing a mask or getting a free, readily available vaccine. But here we are,” Mary Trump wrote. Her criticism of DeSantis comes as he faces a backlash for his COVID response. His state saw more than… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Calls Andrew Gillum a 'Thief,' Ron DeSantis a 'Harvard/Yale Educated Man'
- DeSantis says Floridians can't 'monkey this up' by electing African-American Democrat as governor
- Florida governor says Russia hacked two counties in 2016
- Poll: Six Democrats lead Trump in Florida match-ups
- Obama unleashes fiery rebuke of the Trump administration at Florida rally
- Voters negative on Trump, most interested in health care, immigration: Key exit poll takeaways
- Boy, nine, gives his teacher his $15 birthday cash and a note saying he doesn't think teacher get paid enough
- Trump threatens to retaliate against Democrats over investigations
- All 103 false statements Donald Trump made in his first 100 days in office
- In Florida Senate race, Rick Scott treads carefully around Trump
Mary Trump says Ron DeSantis should be redubbed "homicidal sociopath" have 318 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.