On the day, both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City announced stricter restrictions to stamp out the virus spread. On August 20, Vietnam saw its biggest spike in daily Covid-19 cases with 10,657 and 390 deaths, totaling 323,268 and 7,540, respectively. This is the second day it reported the 5-digit number, with 39% in Binh Duong and 32% in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC). Authorized official brings goods to resident home. Photo: Ho Chi Minh City Fatherland Front On the same day, the country recorded the highest-ever daily people recovered with 12,756, amounting to 132,815 recovered so far. To date, 16.3 million vaccine doses have been administered with 1.64 fully inoculated. Concerning the solutions, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh stressed the need for massive testing during the restrictions period to quickly detect infections in the community. "It's necessary to conduct testing, even the door-to-door model, to avoid gathering," Chinh told local authorities late Thursday [August 19]. In another move, the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA) requested all 63 cities and provinces to slash electricity and water bills for locals and convince tenants to exempt and cut rental to laborers in need. Regarding the government's supporting package worth… Read full this story
- Why Chinese Are Being Discriminated Against in Vietnam
- Amazon Prime Day 2018: the best deals still in stock today
- CRM Idol 2011 launches today!
- , Today: Corey Feldman Speaks Out About Pedophilia In Hollywood
- News Corp. lashes out at Google in EU antitrust case
- Supreme Court Partly Lifts Injunction Blocking Trump's Travel Ban, Will Hear Case in October
- Android P release date, public beta first impressions and news
- Reback rehearses for the case against Google
- GDPR and the case for ethical data handling
- Elon Musk Says He’s Also Targeted By Fake News Stories
Today’s Covid News: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases continue exceeding 10,000 have 280 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at August 20, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.