SINGAPORE – Under the new Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) from Sept 8, fully vaccinated passengers to and from Singapore can travel without quarantine, provided they undergo several Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests. These were among new measures announced by the multi-ministry task force tackling the pandemic on Thursday (Aug 19) as Singapore reopens its borders. For a start, the VTL will be introduced for travel to Germany and Brunei from Sept 8. Fully vaccinated travellers from the two countries can also use the VTL. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after he or she has received the full regimen of Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or other vaccines on the World Health Organisation’s Emergency Use Listing. When travelling to Singapore, these passengers must book a VTL flight, which will admit only fully vaccinated passengers. Currently, the airlines that will offer VTL flights are Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa and Royal Brunei Airlines. Applications for the VTL open on Sept 1. Looser restrictions for those travelling from Hong Kong and Macau were also announced. 1. S’pore citizens and PRs travelling to/from Germany and Brunei under VTL Singaporeans and permanent residents (PRs) travelling to Germany and Brunei can book any available flight, but they will need to return… Read full this story
- Can I go on holiday to Greece? Latest coronavirus travel and quarantine advice including Santorini, Mykonos and Zante
- Travelers scramble as new measures imposed over coronavirus upticks in Europe
- How air travel in the new normal looks like
- Fiji announces 14-day quarantine for travelers from Australia, New Zealand
- France quarantine rules: what you can & can’t do and how to cancel flights
- Quarantine list UK: Which countries are on it?
- Singapore opens travel for New Zealanders
- Heathrow's rapid Covid test centre ‘could replace quarantine’
- Holidays turn to HELL in an instant: British couple who paid nearly £1,000 to beat quarantine deadline after only business class Eurostar tickets are left are among thousands forced to flee France
- Survey: Many Parents Still Fear Taking Children To Doctor’s Office; Pediatrician Warns With School Starting Vaccinations A Must
Travel to and from Singapore without quarantine: How the new Vaccinated Travel Lane works have 333 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at August 19, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.