Syed Minhaj Hassan , communications & media specialist at Islamic Relief USA, talks to us about relief efforts to help Afghan refugees settle in the U.S. and other countries after the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. We talk about the work that Islamic Relief is doing, the challenges faced dealing in particular with Afghan refugees and how to assist them finding housing, how they are also working towards promoting food security in the country, and what sort of long term support is needed for refugees. Jason Dzubow , writer for The Asylumist and immigration attorney specializing in political asylum and appeals, talks to us about asylum seekers and the processes through which they're either accepted or turned away, in light of the 24,000 Afghan refugees who have already arrived in the US. We also talk about the threats that Afghans who worked for the US face in Afghanistan now, the Special Immigrant Visa program and whether it's adequately implemented and funded, and contradictions the administration is presenting when it comes to immigration and asylum-seeking. Jim Goodman , board president of the National Family Farm Coalition, talks to us about the intersection of farming, climate change and corporate consolidation in how we… Read full this story
- New Zealand announces scholarship to highlight agricultural climate change
- Photos of ‘king tides’ globally show risks of climate change
- Ross Garnaut's climate change prediction is coming true and it's going to cost Australia billions, experts warn
- Are economists globally understating or overstating the cost of climate change?
- Could geoengineering projects help tackle climate change?
- Could carbon-capture technology be a silver bullet to stop climate change?
- Release the wolves! Strategically reintroducing predators into the wild could help reverse climate change by managing herbivore populations and promoting plant growth to absorb greenhouse gases
- Climate change is killing the bumblebees, study says
- Here's where climate change will hit the U.S. the hardest
- Africa Will Suffer as Donald Trump Leaves the Paris Agreement and Abdicates U.S. Leadership on Climate Change
Helping Afghan Refugees; Agriculture and Climate Change; Police Accountability have 328 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 4, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.