The molecular repair laboratory of the Southern Philippines Medical Center is still under repair, slowing down COVID-19 testing in Davao City. (File photo by KARLOS MANLUPIG / Inquirer Mindanao) DAVAO CITY, Davao del Sur, Philippines — This city has slowed down testing of secondary close contacts of people infected with COVID-19 due to the scarcity of kits and the repair of the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) molecular laboratory. Dr. Michelle Schlosser, the spokesperson of the City COVID-19 Task Force, said that the city would prioritize those at high risk — that is, direct contacts of infected individuals and those with conditions that make it highly probable for them to get infected. "Typically they turn out positive so we prioritize them," Schlosser said. At the moment, the processing of swab samples is being done at the city government-run Los Amigos Molecular Laboratory that can accommodate up to 450 specimens a day. The city has an ordinance penalizing contacts up to the third degree of people who are exposed to the coronavirus if they refuse to get tested. One way to identify these people is through the Safe Davao Quick Response Code system. The system sends the exposed person a text… Read full this story
- Death Stranding review – Hideo Kojima's radically tough slow-burning epic
- Sachin's class of '89: What are Azhar, Razdan, Prabhakar doing now?
- The Best STEM Learning Toys for Toddlers
- From a coffee table that doubles as a speaker to a ring that stops snoring - the ultimate Christmas gifts for gadget-lovers (from just £9.99)
- Gears 5 collectibles guide - all collectible and component locations
- Apple Arcade: The full list of games for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch (updated)
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- Our top 100 Christmas TV countdown! From spine-chilling ghost stories to big belly laughs, we've picked out the very best shows to make sure you don't miss a thing
- Michael Gove: 'bogeyman' or 'the greatest education secretary ever'?
- Berghain: The Secretive, Sex-Fueled World of Techno’s Coolest Club
Kit shortage, main lab repair slow down COVID-19 testing in Davao City have 325 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.