“We want all of our team to feel safe when they come to work, especially considering the events of yesterday,” Countdown’s General Manager of Corporate Affairs Kiri Hannifin told the newspaper. The newspaper further reported that Countdown is even considering stopping the sale of all knives and scissors permanently. Foodstuffs NZ also retrieved their knives from sale. © REUTERS / SPAIN MINISTRY OF DEFENSE Could Auckland Stabbing Attack Have Been Inspired by West’s Botched Withdrawal From Afghanistan? On Friday, a man stabbed seven people, three of whom critically, at a Countdown supermarket in Auckland. The attack was described by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern as an act of terrorism. The attacker was shot dead by police on-site and was identified as a Sri Lankan national who came to New Zealand in 2011. He was a person of national security interest since 2016 and was under constant monitoring.
- U.S. Democrats pounce on New Zealand's swift action after mosque attack
- Who Is Brenton Tarrant? Facts About The New Zealand Mosque Shooter Suspect
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern shows resolve, empathy after mosque massacre
- New Zealand mosque terror shooting could happen in the UK by neo-Nazis, security minister admits
- New Zealand Greets Facebook Ban on White Supremacists with a Shrug: 'Facebook Live Will Continue to be Unmonitored and Unmanaged'
- New Zealand mosque shootings – White supremacist gunmen film live murder of 40 at two Christchurch mosques
- New Zealand swat Wales aside to win Rugby World Cup bronze final
- Grace Millane ‘should have been safe here’ tearful New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern tells murdered backpacker’s family
- London teens ‘stabbing each other for new game called “Scores” where each knife attack earns a “respect point”‘
- School Stabbing Attack: Man Kills Two Children to 'Take Revenge on Society'
Supermarket Chain in New Zealand Reportedly Takes Knives Off Shelves After Stabbing Attack have 282 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 4, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.