Ecobee today announced that its HomeKit-enabled SmartThermostat with voice control is gaining “Hey Siri” support with a free software update that is beginning to roll out now and will be available over the next few weeks for all users. sending Intercom messages . The thermostat relays the requests through a HomePod or HomePod mini connected to the same Wi-Fi network to ensure privacy and security. Users can also continue to control the thermostat in the Home app on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Apple announced at WWDC 2021 that HomeKit accessory makers would be able to integrate Siri voice control for the first time, allowing the accessories to support Siri features such as Personal Requests, Intercom messages, timers, and alarms. As mentioned, Hey Siri-enabled accessories are required to relay requests through a HomePod or HomePod mini. In addition to a HomePod or HomePod mini, users need a device with iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 or later to use Siri voice control on the SmartThermostat. Ecobee’s SmartThermostat with voice control is regularly priced at $249.99 in the United States and is available to purchase on Ecobee.com and through select partners, including Amazon, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Best Buy, or an Ecobee certified… Read full this story
- The best free software for students 2020
- Common iOS 13 problems and how to fix them (iOS 13.5.1 update)
- Windows 10 out-of-band update: Printer bugs fixed, as Microsoft moves more of you to 2004
- Microsoft: This new Windows Terminal update gives you 'way better settings'
- VMware says, “We’re not dead,” updates Fusion and Workstation for free
- Microsoft kicks off the rollout of the Windows 10 May Update, version 1903
- Coronavirus live updates: SF mayor announces testing expansion as cases surge
- Coronavirus live updates: Three Bay Area counties report triple-digit increases in infections
- Coronavirus live updates: Job losses mount; Central Valley cases rise
- Coronavirus live updates: Pandemic baseball is here as Giants-Dodgers set for Opening Day
Ecobee's SmartThermostat Gains 'Hey Siri' Support With Free Software Update Rolling Out Now have 307 words, post on www.macrumors.com at October 12, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.