Published 1 hour ago Share close Share page Copy link About sharing The MOBO awards have announced their 2021 show, which will be a live event for the first time since 2017. The awards, which have celebrated music of black origin since 1996, will take place in Coventry on 5 December, and fans will be able to attend in person. Like many other events, MOBOs took place online last year because of the coronavirus pandemic. Last year’s socially-distant show saw Mahalia and Nines winning two awards each. Organiser Kanya King says the awards will be “the most significant event in UK Black culture this year”. “In 2020, we proudly did the unthinkable by producing an awards show amid a global pandemic, which was no easy feat.” Coventry is the current UK City of Culture. The 2020 awards saw Mahalia taking home Best R&B/Soul and Best Female and Nines winning Best Album and Best Hip Hop act. Aitch picked up Best Newcomer with Young T and Bugsey awarded Best Song for Don’t Rush. Previous winners also include Stormzy – who won three awards in 2017, and Kano, who won best album in 2016. Other names honoured in recent events include Krept… Read full this story
- Explained – How to file Income Tax Return online without Form 16
- The 90s are back (woof-woof) as Arsenio Hall returns to late-night
- WWE SmackDown preview: Fans return as Roman Reigns and The Usos battle Edge and The Mysterios
- The Best Films in Netflix's Black Lives Matter Collection (July 2021) | Digital Trends
- Bernie Sanders tax returns show both income and tax rate jumped after presidential campaign, revealing millionaire status
- WWE No Mercy 2017 Online Streaming: When and where to watch No Mercy, live TV coverage, time in IST, streaming
- Royal Family LIVE: Claims of 'merciless' Meghan - 'William thought she had agenda'
- Jay claimed self-education expenses on his tax return. He now owes the ATO $24,000
- Budget 2017: How it will affect mums
- WWE Survivor Series 2017 Online Streaming: When and where to watch Survivor Series, live TV coverage, time in IST, streaming
MOBOs to return with first live show since 2017 have 328 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at October 28, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.