New Delhi: With Russia reporting a record number of coronavirus deaths and cases on Thursday, Moscow shut down non-essential services for 11 days to combat the surge in infections. The concerned authorities have shut down all non-essential services in Moscow from Thursday until November 7. READ : US Issues First Passport With ‘X’ Gender Marker. Recipient A US Navy Veteran The retail outlets, restaurants, sporting and entertainment venues besides schools and kindergartens have been closed. The shops selling food, medicine and other essentials have only been allowed to remain open. The roads in Moscow on Thursday morning were slightly less congested than usual, but the city’s sprawling Metro network was as busy as ever, with many passengers not wearing masks, AFP reported. According to government figures, 1,159 people died from Covid in the past 24 hours, while another 40,096 people have been infected. In a bid to reverse rising infections, Russian President Vladimir Putin had earlier last week ordered a nationwide paid holiday between October 30 and November 7. ALSO READ : UN’s Creative Ad On Climate Disaster Has Message From Dinosaur On Extinction – WATCH Russia, the nation hardest-hit in Europe by the coronavirus pandemic, has struggled with low… Read full this story
- 199-MPH Sierra wind gust sets California record
- Is the 'Moscow experiment' over?
- A timeline of the Russia doping case
- 100 things to know ahead of the 2018 World Cup in Russia
- Rikers 2.0: inside the battle to build four new prisons in New York City
- How Alexander Downer set off a chain of events that may lead to Donald Trump's impeachment
- How Far Will Russia Go to Win? Sports Doping Scandal Sheds Light on Election Meddling and More
- Trump, Putin and the Hidden History of How Russia Interfered in the U.S. Presidential Election
- 'We work under siege': the journalists who risk death for doing their jobs
- The Real Steele: The Ex-MI6 Spy Looms Large in the New DOJ Report—and a Big Best Seller
Russia Sets New Record For Covid Cases, Deaths: Moscow Shuts Down Non-Essential Services have 311 words, post on news.abplive.com at October 28, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.