COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet George Bartlett scored an unbeaten 76 in the fourth innings of his team’s victory © Getty The opening round of the County Championship finished on Sunday (April 11). Of the nine matches, there were six draws and just three positive results, all of which came in Group 2, although poor weather played its part in a number of the other games, including at Old Trafford and Edgbaston where snow stopped play on the final day. Group 1 There were three draws out of three in group one. After being well behind the game at the end of the second day, Worcestershire fought hard over the following six sessions to earn a draw that will feel like a win at current champions Essex. Jake Libby carried his bat for the visitors in their first innings, ending up unbeaten on 180 from a remarkable 496 balls. Essex finished the game with 13 points to Worcestershire’s 12. Derbyshire escaped from Edgbaston with a draw against Warwickshire thanks to some excellent rearguard batting from their lower order. Matt Critchley made 83 and Harvey Hossein an unbeaten 78 to help their side recover from… Read full this story
- 7 Secrets Of A Winning Sales Coach
- Corporate Suites Turn Sour
- Mixed Martial Arts Vs Boxing - Is MMA UFC Fighting Boxing's Successor?
- History Of Solitaire Card Game
- Progressive-Holistic View - A Synthesis of Biblical Terminology
- Top Ten List of Fandom Hottness
- Political Promotional Items Appropriate to Any Election Year
- Three Management Lessons From the Financial Crisis on Wall Street
George Barlett, Lewis Gregory earn Somerset an unlikely win have 247 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at November 11, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.