With COVID-19 cases reducing in the country, several establishments, including schools, are opening again. While the reopening of all schools is on the anvil, the festive season ahead and the fact that children are not yet in the ambit of the vaccination drive are causing apprehension. We, as a society, must focus on the nutrition of children to ensure they are armed with good immunity as they get ready to take on new challenges especially after emerging from the confines of their homes. However, It is important to remember that even before the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, India was facing significant nutritional challenges. Hence, there is a need to pivot on children's nutrition, using the novel coronavirus pandemic to better understand current nutrition and nutritional requirements for a healthy body and mind. Tackling India's triple burden India faces multiple problems of under-nutrition and overweight/obesity coexisting with deficiencies of micronutrients such as iron, zinc, calcium and several vitamins. This triple burden of malnutrition has to be identified, understood and addressed. It is much more important especially in the case of children and adolescents as it is during these phases of life that we see rapid growth of the body and… Read full this story
- Back to school: 9 ways to turn breakfast into brain food for kids
- What happens when you (and your kids) eat burgers, fried chicken for a month
- What Happens When We All Live to 100?
- These Are the 21 Coolest Products of 2019
- Trump’s Policy Could Alter the Face of the American Immigrant
- Change in food stamp work requirements leaves states scrambling to limit fallout
- Why are many of America's military families going hungry?
- This Woman Had to Weigh Herself on an Industrial Scale — and It Inspired Her to Lose 280 Lbs.
- "Waffles + Mochi" creators can't believe they got Michelle Obama to star, either
- Kamala Harris Takes Her Shot
Getting nutrition back on the school high table have 310 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 1, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.