Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam always opposes and does not accept all claims in the South China Sea that are inconsistent with international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (1982 UNCLOS), spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng said late Friday. Việt Nam has repeatedly affirmed its consistent and clear viewpoint on East Sea disputes, both bilaterally and multilaterally, she noted. The spokesperson made the remarks while answering reporters' question regarding Việt Nam's response to a Limits in the Seas study recently released by the US Department of State. The study disputes four categories of China’s maritime claims in the South China Sea: sovereignty claims over maritime features that are submerged below the sea surface at high tide beyond lawful limits of any State’s territorial area; straight baselines enclosing various features within vast areas of open spaces in the sea; claims to internal waters, a territorial sea, an exclusive economic zone, and a continental shelf that are based on treating each claimed South China Sea island group "as a whole,” which is not permitted by international law; and finally, China’s… Read full this story
- Debunking 10 myths about China and the South China Sea
- South China Sea: Beijing 'not frightened to fight a war' after US move
- Vietnam ‘Highly Appreciates’ Russia’s Position on South China Sea Dispute – Parliament Speaker
- Vietnam asks ASEAN to take note of threats against fishers in South China Sea
- Vietnam protests South China Sea distortion in Chinese history books
- China Land Reclamation in South China Sea Creates 'New Facts': U.S.
- Beijing Hopes G7 Leaders to Abstain From South China Sea Discussions
- South China Sea islands are only for civilian use, says Chinese general
- South China Sea Dispute: How Russia Could Help China Win in The Hague
- US naval manoeuvres in South China Sea risk clash with Beijing
Việt Nam opposes South China Sea claims inconsistent with international law: spokesperson have 329 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.