The U.S. Supreme Court just agreed to take on two college affirmative action cases, and will consider whether the undergraduate admission processes at Harvard University and the University of North Carolina discriminated against Asian American students. Many Asian Americans, including myself, have high hopes that the Court will finally eliminate racial preference in the college admission process and ensure equal opportunity for all students. No issue takes a higher priority in the Asian-American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community than education. Besides the cultural tradition of valuing education, most Asian-American parents believe that educational attainment is necessary to ensure their children have a successful life in the United States. Working-class Asian immigrant families especially regard education as a lifeline to lift their children from poverty and achieve their American dreams. But on this critical issue, Democrats have chosen to embrace critical race theory (CRT), a neo-Marxist ideology that attributes all disparities in any group outcome to systemic racism. Adherents of CRT claim that they must dismantle the “racist” meritocracy-based education system to achieve equity in education outcomes. In the last two years, Democrats have pushed for education “reforms” such as the elimination of the merit-based admissions to elite high schools ,… Read full this story
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- An impossible dream? Democrats try to connect with Trump voters
- Are the Brexit party's election targets realistic?
- Less than half of Americans would vote a socialist into the White House – but two-thirds would cast a ballot for a Muslim president, Gallup survey reveals
- Elizabeth Warren 'mocked with Native American gestures'
- SE Asian leaders to vow to fight protectionism
- Farage Targets Leave-voting Labour Heartlands, Makes Final Offer to Boris Johnson for Election Pact
- Pollak: Real Purpose of Impeachment Is to Make Up for Weak Democratic Field
- Here's What You Missed From Round One of the Democratic Debates in Detroit
- Kanye West Condemns Black America’s Allegiance to the Democrat ‘Plantation’ in Song ‘Ye vs. the People’
Why Asian Americans are leaving the Democratic Party | Opinion have 321 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 25, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.