Three businessmen accused of making unlawful donations in the National Party case are also facing charges over similar payments to the Labour Party . Yikun Zhang, Shijia (Colin) Zheng, and Hengjia (Joe) Zheng were charged in connection to National Party Donations alongside former National Botany MP Jami-Lee Ross in 2020. The trio was also charged in 2021, alongside three others, in relation to election donations made to the Labour Party in 2017. Their names were originally suppressed, however, an order banning their identification lapsed at 5pm on Thursday. READ MORE: Labour Party donations: Six in court on Serious Fraud Office charges over 2017 election donations National and Labour Party donations fraud trials to be heard together Serious Fraud Office accidentally leaked document to Jami-Lee Ross Former National MP Jami-Lee Ross’ fraud charges move to High Court Former National MP Jami-Lee Ross and businessmen deny fraud charges In November, Justice Ian Gault determined the two cases should be heard together. The reasons why cannot be reported. Paintings and an Imperial Robe In a statement sent to Stuff through his legal team on Thursday, Yikun Zhang said he would "vigorously defend" the charges. Zhang said he had been innocently being caught up… Read full this story
- Government Contractors Charged With Making Illegal Donations To Pro-Susan Collins Super PAC
- Trio granted name suppression in rape, indecent act, dishonesty cases
- Fact check: Is Victoria set to legislate the strictest political donation laws in the country?
- Department Of Health Urges People To Donate Blood After Reporting ‘Critical’ Shortage
- In the Pacific, a rich vein of resources still doesn't make for rich populations
- History of The National Trust as charity celebrates 125th birthday
- Political figure named in trial of prominent businessman continues to seek suppression
- Dan Biggar bets Six Nations referee is "having sleepless nights" ahead of captaincy bow
- Workers to be hit twice by Boris Johnson's National Insurance rise
Businessmen charged with making unlawful donations to Labour and National named have 304 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at February 24, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.