A woman from Hanoi has been rescued after falling off a cliff and spending a week in the wilderness. Nguyễn Thị Bích Liên (centre), sharing her story of survival. — VNA/VNS Photo In a story that resembles the hit movie ‘127 Hours’, 59-year-old Nguyễn Thị Bích Liên collapsed and fell off a cliff near Yên Tử Mountain, and was trapped there since April 27. Still conscious and able to walk, she was found by local officials at 9.15am on May 3, after spending a week surviving on meagre supplies. Liên said that she travelled to Quảng Ninh from Hanoi on April 27 for a Buddhist gathering at Đồng Pagoda in the Yên Tử Complex of Monuments and Landscapes. When she descended Yên Tử Mountain, she felt tired and sat down for a rest near the barriers of Đồng Pagoda. Due to hypotension, she felt dizzy when standing up, stumbled and fell to an area 30 metres below. As the area was densely forested, Liên was fortunate not to have sustained severe injuries. After the fall, Liên called for help and tried to climb up a tree, but failed and fell down again and fainted once more. When Liên woke up,… Read full this story
- Woman dies after falling from cliffs in front of horrified beach goers at Durdle Door
- Woman, 37, plummeted 60ft off cliff after slipping during a coastal walk and fractured her spine - and miraculously survived
- Durdle Door – Tributes to ‘caring’ mum-of-5 who fell 150ft to her death after calling ‘I’m coming down’ to daughter
- 28-Year-Old Wyo. Woman Dies After Falling 200 Feet from Mountain Cliff During Hike with Husband
- Woman, 37, relives horror moment she fell off 60ft cliff on family walk breaking her back but SURVIVED
- Mum plunged to her death in front of daughter at Durdle Door after 'losing footing'
- I've hiked to this Tahoe waterfall more times than I remember. It still gives me joy.
- Teacher, 39, Dies After She's Swept Away by Floodwaters on Hike in Texas: 'Such a Good Soul'
Woman who fell from cliff rescued after 7 days have 340 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 3, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.