Most consoles ship with a disc drive, and you can buy physical games, but digital games are becoming the norm. This could spell trouble for console gamer's wallets, but there may be a few ways to avoid that future. But PCs Have Gone All Digital. What's the Problem? Before getting to the console side of things, a common argument in the gaming community is that PC gaming has gone fully-digital years ago and has mostly been perfectly fine. It's true that you can't really buy games on disc for PC anymore, and virtually no computer comes with an optical drive as standard. However, the crucial difference is that PC games are sold on an open market. PC gamers have a choice of several digital gaming platforms. Game developers can sell their games directly without using any third-party storefront. For example, Blizzard sells their games using its own launcher and store. Price competition is maintained on PC because no one has complete control over video game pricing. If any one vendor inflates their prices, another will undercut them. That's a very different context than the "walled garden" video game market model that consoles use. All-Digital Shrinks the Walled Garden of Console… Read full this story
- 7 things emotionally intelligent leaders do when they deliver bad news
- Pelosi’s Taipei visit has hastened the pace of US-China decoupling — bad news for the world
- More bad news for Rex Tillerson as his top State Department hire quits after three months
- A Crisis Historian Has Some Bad News for Us
- Demon Throttle is an awesome game you'll probably never play | Digital Trends
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson | Brad Pitt: Bullet Train actor Aaron Taylor-Johns, Brad Pitt share one common trait. Find out here
- How to do digital marketing in the age of privacy?
- Digital regulation: Main challenges and how India can deal with them
- 'Carers are so badly paid that it's hard to survive - we deserve better wages'
An All-Digital Future Is Bad News for Console Gamers, Here’s Why have 326 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.