There are grave fears for the health of an Australian man languishing in an overcrowded Baghdad jail, with doctors arguing he needs urgent surgery to treat multiple suspected skin cancers. Key points: Robert Pether’s doctors say he need seven potential cancers cut out Pether’s wife says there is a “marked difference” in the new government’s approach to his case Labor’s Peter Khalil says he holds out hope the Iraqi government will grant Pether clemency Robert Pether, 47, has been behind bars in Iraq since April last year, found guilty of what his family and legal team describe as trumped-up fraud charges. United Nations investigators have raised concerns Pether, and his Egyptian colleague, Khalid Zaghloul, have been exposed to torture techniques while imprisoned. Pether’s family spent nine months trying to get him access to medical experts in Iraq, after a photo of lesions on his back was sent to a doctor in Italy. “His doctor was absolutely appalled at the state of him,” Pether’s wife Desree told the ABC. “He’s got so many new moles on his back, he’s got a new mole on the same ear that he had a melanoma before, and it has changed significantly in the last few… Read full this story
- Desperate Tekashi 6ix9ine begs to serve jail time at home saying he’s a marked man after snitching on Bloods gang
- The 19 best games of the year – and every one you need to care about in 2019
- Aussie dad jailed after his wife took their children in Japan
- Wildlife charity looking after animals injured in Australia's bushfires will share donations with organisations across the country
- Felicity Huffman asks to spend her two weeks in jail in a 'luxury Club Fed': College cheating scandal actress wants to serve her short stint in a one of America's 'cushiest prisons' that has NO BARS and been dubbed 'Chateau Dublin'
- Australian dad Scott McIntyre’s 45 days of hell in Japan’s most notorious detention centres
- Physical therapist dad who killed his wife, three children and family dog in their Disney town home is held without bond at first court appearance - as it's revealed he was under federal investigation for charging Medicaid for patients he didn't see
- Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas says his daughter ‘isn’t the girl I raised’ and she’s ‘cheapened’ Royal Family
- Denis Shapovalov would rather QUIT Australian Open than ‘risk his life’ in Melbourne bushfire smog
- Prince Harry 'threw the Queen's warm words back in her face': Royal expert says Duke of Sussex's speech sounded like King Edward VIII's abdication as commentators slam Meghan Markle for being 'the only person having a good time'
'He looks 74, not 47': Family of Australian man serving 'arbitrary' jail time in Iraq says he needs urgent care have 440 words, post on www.abc.net.au at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.