Live Updates President Joe Biden signed another Executive Order today to protect access to reproductive healthcare services, including out-of-state abortion travel. Over a month after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, reproductive rights remain a top issue for lawmakers and voters across the country. In the first nationwide vote since the Supreme Court decision, Kansas voted to uphold the right to an abortion in their state constitution Tuesday. Legal battles continue in several other states over trigger laws that place strict bans on abortions. Attorney General Merrick Garland also announced Tuesday that the Justice Department filed a lawsuit seeing to block Idaho’s new restrictive abortion law. Follow Newsweek’s live blog for the latest updates. 5 min ago 14:51 PM EDT Biden Says His Order Will ‘Safeguard Access’ to Care President Joe Biden has signed a second Executive Order to protect access to reproductive healthcare in the United States. Biden signed the order during the first interagency Task Force on Reproductive Healthcare Access meeting Wednesday afternoon, which he joined virtually. “Today’s Executive Order builds on the first Executive Order that I signed last month to safeguard access to health care – including abortion care – that was ripped away,” Biden… Read full this story
- January 6 live updates – Biden to give Capitol riot anniversary speech on insurrection date as Trump conference canceled
- Spending Bill Live Updates: Biden heads to Rome as infrastructure, spending bills hang in the balance
- COVID Live Updates: Nearly half of all inmates test positive at Mississippi prison
- 'We have more work to do,' Biden says, pledges more COVID-19 tests
- January 6 live updates – Trump cancels press conference on anniversary of Capitol riot as Biden prepares to give speech
- Oxford Live Updates: Detroit Lions will honor shooting victims Sunday during the game
- COVID Live Updates: New cases surge in states across U.S. as new year begins
- January 6 LIVE updates – Trump rips ‘committee of Dems’ before Biden’s Capitol riot anniversary speech with VP Kamala
- What did Joe Biden say in his speech today?
- Covid news LIVE – Total RELIEF as end of coronavirus pandemic ‘now in sight’ for the UK, WHO declares
U.S. Abortion News Live Updates: Biden says his order will "safeguard access" to care have 345 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 3, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.