Russians forced a captured Brit to send a goodbye message to his daughter in a mock execution stunt. Combat medic John Harding has been recounting the hell endured after being captured fighting for Ukraine following his release on Wednesday. John, from Sunderland, said that as well as savage beatings, his captors played warped psychological games with him. READ MORE: ‘Rattled’ Putin’s nuclear war-mongering is ‘blunt admission of failure’ The 59-year-old was serving with the 2nd Battalion of the Azov Regiment when he fell into Russian hands, but has now returned home after a surprise deal negotiated between Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Russian president Vladimir Putin . The dad-of-two told the Daily Mail, at one point he was ordered to record a message because he was due to be executed by firing squad. He said he was held in a total of three jails, including one he dubbed "The Dark Side", in Russian-held Donetsk, where he was repeatedly battered by guards from the region's police force. In the worst beating, a group of guards cackled as they strapped a carrier bag over his head, cuffed his hands behind his back and unleashed a 30-minute pummelling. They punched, kicked… Read full this story
- 'That's amazing from my super prince!' Captain Tom is overwhelmed as Prince William and Kate Middleton send him message 'he's a one man fundraising machine who's inspired everyone' after making secret donation as total hits £18 million with £5m raised in j
- Matt Hancock ridiculed for say carers will get a 'badge of honour' for their coronavirus-fighting efforts - and the one he 'announced' was first unveiled almost a YEAR ago
- Georg Solti: the making of a musical colossus
- Australia’s curve flattens amid calls for China inquiry
- Ryan Murphy's (Kinda) True 'Hollywood' Story: 1940s Meets Gay Stars, Interracial Romance and (Gasp!) a Female Studio Chief
- How many elderly Britons in care homes have REALLY been infected with coronavirus? Poll of care workers claims figure is around 40% - despite Number 10's insistence it is just 15%
- UK coronavirus death toll jumps from 54 yesterday to 87 today - bringing a total of 422 fatalities - and infection cases leap by 1,427 in biggest daily rise yet... so why are people STILL crammed on Tubes and trains and mingling in parks?
- Idiotic ‘5G conspiracy theory’ arsonists attack Vodafone phone mast serving Nightingale Hospital
- ‘So much living to do’: stories of UK's coronavirus victims
- Harry and Meghan snubbing people’s newspapers will lead to people snubbing them, say Sun readers
Russians forced captured Brit to send goodbye message to daughter in mock execution ploy have 415 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.