SAN FRANCISCO – Tesla (TSLA.O) CEO Elon Musk showed off on Friday a prototype of its humanoid robot ‘Optimus’, predicting the electric vehicle maker would be able to produce millions and sell them for under US$20,000 (S$28,000) – less than a third of the price of a Model Y. Musk said he expected Tesla would be ready to take orders for the robot in three to five years, and described an effort to develop the product over a decade or more, the most detailed vision he has provided to date on a business he has said could be bigger than Tesla’s EV revenue. Tesla’s push to design and build mass-market robots that would also be tested by working jobs in its factories sets it apart from other manufacturers that have experimented with humanoid robots. The eagerly awaited reveal of prototype robots at Tesla’s office in Palo Alto, California was also part of what Musk has described as an effort to have Tesla seen as a leader in fields like artificial intelligence, not just a company that makes “cool cars.” An experimental test robot that Tesla said was developed in February walked out to wave at the crowd on Friday, and… Read full this story
- Elon Musk is still Tesla's chairman and there's a free Autopilot trial coming
- What is Artificial intelligence, what are Google’s AI experiments and what’s Elon Musk said about machine learning?
- 10 things you didn't know about Elon Musk
- Elon Musk: Tesla’s faced the ‘most excruciating, hellish’ last few months
- Elon Musk, in Search of Profit, Cuts Tesla’s Work Force
- Here's The Wild Email Exchange Between Tesla's Alleged 'Saboteur' And Elon Musk
- Elon Musk’s ‘army of white, male Muskbros’ accused of harassing women who criticise him
- SpaceX simplified: A quick guide to Elon Musk's space company
- Elon Musk's Tesla says new state rule punishes it for doing business in California
- Elon Musk Should Know Better
Elon Musk unveils humanoid 'Optimus' robot; plans to make millions of them have 316 words, post on www.asiaone.com at October 1, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.