Prosus, the Dutch-listed arm of South African technology investor Naspers, has reported strong growth in its food-delivery and fintech businesses in India – Swiggy and PayU, respectively. Prosus said Swiggy's core food-delivery business clocked order growth and gross merchandise value ( GMV ) growth of 38% and 40%, respectively, for the first six months of calendar year 2022. Swiggy's quick-commerce business Instamart saw order and GMV growth of 20 times and 15 times, respectively. "Restaurant food delivery GMV was $1.3 billion, while quick commerce GMV was $257 million for the first six months of the year. Our share of Swiggy's revenue grew faster at 72% to $150 million, reflecting higher average order values and increased revenue from delivery fees and advertising sales," it said in a presentation. GMV includes delivery fees. According to Prosus, its share of Swiggy's trading loss increased to $105 million during the period, "driven by investment in both the core restaurant food delivery business to increase growth and in Instamart to expand its footprint". Prosus owns a 33% stake in Swiggy. Payments and fintech Prosus also said its consolidated payments and fintech revenue grew 57% to $412 million, driven by a strong performance in India, Turkey,… Read full this story
- Brent oil could hit $100 by end of 2019, report says
- Expedia and ARC reveal best times to book air travel for 2018
- Exclusive: Bill Ford shares vision for Corktown
- Massive new investment in hotel development highlights sustained strength of Australian tourism
- Natural gas, industrials raise DTE's 2018 estimates
- Europe marks record box office
- ECSU offers drone courses now with four-year degree coming soon
- Imax and Wanda sign deal to build 150 new screens in China
- Behind the hype: will fermented foods really improve your health?
Prosus reports strong growth in Swiggy, Instamart, PayU in 2022 have 274 words, post on bfsi.economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.