The row between Telangana and the central government over Republic Day celebrations has reached a crescendo with the high court asking the state to observe the day as per central rules. Like last year, the chief minister wanted to go for a low-key R-Day event. Earlier, the celebrations were held with much fanfare at Parade Grounds in Secunderabad and, later, at Public Garden in Nampally. The main reason behind the CM's wish for dimmed celebrations is said to be the strained relationship with governor Tamilisai Soundararajan. This is the second consecutive year that CM Chandrashekar Rao has denied the governor the Republic Day Guard of Honour. The CM asked the governor to hold the event at Raj Bhavan, while he is expected to observe the same at Pragathi Bhavan. With this, the governor has been denied a chance to unfurl the Tricolour at a full ceremonial parade. This development attracted criticism from opposition parties. At a media interaction on Wednesday, Telangana BJP chief Bandi Sanjay Kumar said: "It is shameful that the restrictions in the name of coronavirus could be applicable only to Republic Day celebrations, and not for public meetings of the chief minister and his ministers," he said…. Read full this story
- Tess Daly posts heartfelt tribute to Sir Bruce Forsyth following his death: 'Bruce and I did nothing but laugh'
- Tower Hamlets’ International Women’s Day 2018
- Norwich Cathedral to showcase local talent on Norfolk Day
- St Patrick's Day 2018: Live pictures from parades across Northern Ireland
- St Patrick's Day 2018: Live pictures from parades in Belfast and across Northern Ireland
- St Patrick's Day 2018: Pictures from Belfast, Dublin, Newry parades
- What's on in Northern Ireland on St Patrick's Day?
- Holocaust Memorial Day marked in town centre
- International Women’s Day: Wheelchair-bound, Lozina ‘walks taller’ than able-bodied persons
- SPONSORED CONTENT: Find the best ways to celebrate Burns Night
Follow Centre’s Guidelines: HC Asks Telangana Govt to Organise R-Day Celebrations have 304 words, post on www.news18.com at January 26, 2023. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.