Respected Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo today said that he expects Apple to refresh its acoustic audio products beginning in the second half of 2024. Specifically, Kuo anticipates a new model of AirPods Max, the second-generation HomePod mini, and a new low-cost AirPods model to enter mass production at that time. Shipments of these products would then roll out to customers between the end of 2024 and first half of 2025. With the HomePod (second-generation) launching today, and AirPods Pro being refreshed at the end of last year, it seems there will be a big stretch of time before we see any significant updates to Apple's audio products lineup. The AirPods Max headphones launched in December 2020, so a late 2024 refresh at the earliest would see that product remain unchanged for more than four years. There have been some rumors that Apple will refresh the color lineup in the meantime. The HomePod mini was also launched in November 2020. Apple debuted new color options a year later, in November 2021. It also recently unlocked temperature sensing and humidity features through a software update. But again, Kuo does not expect the second-generation model to go on sale for a while, another… Read full this story
- Apple will release a high-tech tag for tracking everyday items and new high-end headphones alongside the iPhone SE 2 in March, report claims
- Massive storage, big screen, sleek design and more: Apple's new range of iPhones for every user
- Apple plan to move Airpod production to Vietnam stumbles on coronavirus
- India Vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: Nicholls, De Grandhomme hit fifties as NZ complete India whitewash - As it happened
- It Was New Orleans’ Musicians—Not Its Politicians—Who Saved the City Post-Katrina
- Apple set to launch new iPhones: How to livestream the event
- Apple AirPods Pro vs Sony WF-1000XM3: which true wireless earbuds are best for you?
- Apple's AirPods Pro are the best earbuds you can buy, but for all the wrong reasons
- These Grippy Wings Are Like ‘Condoms for My Apple AirPods’
- The 10 best not-so-new phones: Why last year's and older models make great deals
Kuo: New AirPods Max, HomePod mini, and low-cost AirPods to begin mass production in second half of 2024 have 339 words, post on 9to5mac.com at February 3, 2023. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.