Sheikh Hasina said on Saturday that her country’s first cross-border oil pipeline with India will play a vital role in ensuring fuel security in Bangladesh at a time when the world was facing a serious energy crisis due to the Ukraine war. Hasina said this while virtually inaugurating with her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi the 131.5-km Bangladesh-India Friendship Pipeline’ on Saturday. Terming India a “true friend” of Bangladesh, Hasina said she wanted this friendship to remain intact. The pipeline costing Rs 377 crore is part of energy sector cooperation between the two neighbouring countries through which Bangladesh will import petroleum, especially diesel from India. “When many countries across the world are on the verge of a fuel crisis due to the Russia-Ukraine war at that time this pipeline will play a vital role in ensuring the fuel security of our people,” Hasina said. “The friendship pipeline is a milestone achievement in cooperation for the development between the two friendly countries,” she said. Apart from ensuring fuel security, the pipeline will increase the economic growth,” she said. Hasina said the time and expenditure for importing diesel from India will be reduced significantly by this pipeline. “We have settled all our bilateral… Read full this story
- PM mega rally updates: We never asked anyone's religion, says Modi
- India, US agree to work for free, open Indo-Pacific region: State Department
- Energy Giant Slams Accusations Company Played Role In A DOE Pro-Coal Proposal
- NNPC adopts new strategy to deal with pipeline vandalism
- India's Persian Gulf diplomacy is on a roll
- India story is always half full or half empty: Nilesh Shah
- Isn't it time to get rid of Air India?
- 'U.S. waiver for Chabahar not time-bound, will develop it as a hub’: Iran Ambassador to India
- Digging Deeper podcast | India's tryst with floods
- India to become 5th largest economy globally this year; 2nd in APAC region by 2025
Oil pipeline with India will play vital role in ensuring fuel security in Bangladesh: PM Hasina have 306 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at March 19, 2023. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.